If you need something tougher, the heavy-duty swimming safety device (aka TPU version) is for you. It will withstand much rougher usage and water conditions, so it performs well in salt and cold environments. The float is made out of a mix of a high quality polyester fabric (TPU / Nylon) which is used for example to make water rafts or inflatable boats which definitely can withstand some beating. The buoy features a waterproof dry storage space along with an inflatable compartment to keep it from sinking. The safety device will support your weight if you need to rest during your swim and furthermore, with its bright colors (orange, pink or green) , it will provide you with an outstanding visibility in the water, so boats, jet skis, wind surfers and other fast moving water lovers will know where you swim and will stay clear from your area. The buoy can also be used for kids. If you attach one of the buoys to each of your children, it will allow you to keep better watch over your child while they play in the water.
What can I fit inside?
- Medium - a small towel, flip flops or sandals, a t-shirt, valuables (wallet, keys, phone), or a small camera
- Large - a normal towel (ex: BornToSwim® Microfiber towel), running or walking shoes, long sleeve shirt, valuables (wallet, keys, phone) or a digital SLR camera
- XL - a large towel, running or hiking shoes, sweatshirt, valuables (wallet, keys, phone) or a digital SLR camera with a case
- XXL - a beach towel, hiking boots, a parka or a dry robe, valuables (wallet, keys, phone) or any camping or kayaking gear you desire
Note: If you are still unsure which size to get, I'd suggest the most popular model (Large) or just contact me and I'll do my best to help you choose.
How to use it?
It is simple. Just put your stuff inside the dry bag (ex: shoes, towels, valuables, energy bar, sunglasses etc.), so it won't get stolen or so you can use it wherever you plan to swim to. Wrap it up to make a watertight seal (fold over 4 times), inflate it by blowing into the valve, twist the valve cap to close, tie it to your waist and go for a dip. When you get tired, just grab the float, lay on your back, keep it pressed against your chest and relax while you float around. If you'd like to have an easy access to a water bottle while you swim, you might want to consider one of the other models, the H2O 360swim SaferSwimmer™. Or if you do not need a storage compartment, you should check out the Tow Float.
- Material: Nylon with TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) coating
- Fully folded dry bag compartment:
- Medium - 6 Liters
- Large - 12 Liters
- XL - 18 Liters
- XXL - 30 Liters
- Medium - 15 Liters (60 x 26 cm)
- Large - 20 Liters (64 x 30 cm)
- XL - 30 Liters (72 x 40 cm)
- XXL - 50 Liters (82 x 48 cm)
- Adjustable waist belt (70-110cm)
- Weight: 0.3 - 0.5 kg
- Robust air valve for inflation
- Extendable cord attachment
- Grab handle to hold onto
- Flexible rounded buckle
- High visibility orange, pink and fluorescent green color
A part of the proceeds from the sale of the SaferSwimmer™ float goes towards supporting the International Swimming Hall of Fame (ISHOF) and its learn to swim program activities.